“… when in doubt, go to the library…”
A library is an integral and very important feature of any school. And we Peterians at Greater Faridabad believe that our library contributes to our learning and our growth in many ways. It provides us a space to think and organize our thoughts, explore variety of books to provide depth to our knowledge, and research numerous reference materials to strengthen our education.
There are 650 reference books on various subjects such as English, Hindi, Mathematics, Social Sciences, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Sciences, French, etc.
Along with it, there are 9200 books which includes short stories and novels (fiction & non-fiction) in Hindi, English and French languages.
Approximately, 15-20 periodicals which includes Science magazines, Environmental magazines, General Knowledge books, etc, can be accessed. And, 100 interactive CDs of stories and encyclopaedia, are also available which attract young readers to explore our library and widen their learning.
Our library is a quaint space for all the voracious readers. With a cluster seating arrangement, readers can sit on their own or collaborate their ideas with others too. There’s an attached reading room for greater privacy and thematic discussion. On a separate floor with natural ventilation and sunlight, the readers find this library a good place to fulfill their reading curiousity.
In general, our library provides following facilities and services:
- Library Membership Facility;
- Text book Service;
- Reference, Referral and Information Service
Following facilities are extended to the bona-fide students and teachers to borrow the specified number of books from the library for the period mentioned against each.
- The teaching staff can loan for 15 days.
- Students can borrow books for 7 days.
Conditions of Loan
- The books issued are non-transferable and are only for the members to whom they are issued.
- Penalties for books lost, damaged, mutilated or defaced by marking shall be fixed by the Librarian.
- Loan of books is not renewable.
- The borrower is responsible for the books borrowed.
- The member is expected to return borrowed books on or before the due date.
- An overdue charge of Rs. 2/- per day per book will be levied for the late return of books.
Maintenance of Discipline
Library is a place of individual study and research. It is necessary to maintain an atmosphere of quiet and dignity inside the library.
- Conversation, consultation among themselves or noisy or demonstrative greeting of friends inside the library is not permissible.
- Eating and drinking is not allowed in the areas where the users are engaged in study and research.
- Notices/ wall writings etc. are not allowed in any part of the Library.